1. IMPORTANT: Under instructions of Government of India, the High Commission of India, Brunei has established the Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF) to meet the contingency expenditure to be incurred by High Commission for the welfare of Overseas Indian Citizens who are in distress.
2. The Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF) is aimed at providing 'on site' welfare services on a means-tested basis in the most deserving cases, including:
- Boarding & lodging for distressed overseas Indian workers in household / domestic sectors, and unskilled labourers;
- Extending emergency medical care to overseas Indians in need;
- Providing air passage to stranded overseas Indians in need;
- Providing initial legal assistance to overseas Indians in deserving cases; and,
- Expenditure on incidentals and for airlifting the mortal remains to India or local cremation / burial of deceased overseas Indians in such cases where a sponsor is unable or unwilling to do so as per the contract and the family is unable to meet the cost.
3. The details of the nodal officer to be contacted for requiring assistance out of the Indian Community Welfare Fund are as follows:Ravinder Nath